This past weekend we visited a place called knole park LINK.
Knole park is another national trust site but boy is it a gooden! We only took max with us this time as the older two were with their dad, we for sure will be going back and taking all three next time. Not only is there so much space to explore and three different walks to go on there are also tons and tons of logs, trees and rocks to climb on (perfect for kids). My favourite part is the fact that knole is a wild deer park, once you drive in you are surrounded by hundreds of wild deer running about.
- Perfect for the whole family, buggy route available and dogs welcome.
- Could make it an entire days visit or simply half the day.
- Gatehouse to visit ( great view from top )
- 3 walks to pick from, all less than 3 miles long.
- Cafes for lunches, cakes and ice creams.
- Two sets of toilets ( only by car park ). If pregnant this will be an issue… i need to pee every 30 minutes lol.
- Wild deer- Can get fairly close but advised to keep distance
- Many hills so little legs will likely get tired
- SO much space! Could honestly spend hours just out exploring, theres woodland which is great for the kids.
- Car park is free for members or £4.
- BUSY at weekends so a long wait to enter car park is likely to happen, its worth the wait though.
We ended up staying for around 3.5 hours i think, we could have stayed longer but to be honest i was tired of walking and max was looking a little sleepy too. The downside with walks whilst pregnant is the need to pee all the time and also how uncomfortable you get. Obviously if not pregnant then no problems :). Max enjoyed climbing on the many logs and also picking up random stones, he’s got a thing for stones lately haha.
We got a little frustrated by the leaflet, the map was completely useless and its my only criticism of the place. It doesn’t help at all when trying to walk one of the 3 walks and we resorted to google maps!. With that being said we still had a great afternoon and will be going back in the future. I highly recommend a visit and would rate it a solid 9/10.